If you have prostate cancer, there is a chance that your doctor prescribed Apalutamide or Erleada as a medication. Prostate cancer plagues thousands of men all over the world. It is a specific type of cancer that develops in the prostate gland, a part of the male reproductive system. Prostate cancer is a widespread occurrence in men. As you begin to age more, there is an increased chance of developing prostate cancer. Apalutamide cost in Egypt is very expensive if you don’t have insurance.
Apalutamide, which comes under the brand name Erleada, is a medication that can treat prostate cancer effectively. It belongs to a class of drugs called anti-androgens. These work by blocking the action of male hormones such as testosterone.
Testosterone can fuel the growth of prostate cancer cells. In this article, we will learn more about Apalutamide, its brand name, Erleada and more.
Cost of Apalutamide (Erleada) 60 mg in Egypt
Erleada is a medication designed to treat prostate cancer. If we talk about Apalutamide cost in Egypt then it is quite very expensive. It contains a specific active drug called Apalutamide, which is responsible for the effects that it provides. Apalutamide or Erleada belongs to a class of drugs known as anti-androgens. As we mentioned before, these can help the body by limiting the action of androgens in the body.
Androgens are hormones responsible for the development and maintenance of male sexual characteristics, including the growth of the prostate gland. Unfortunately, when it comes to prostate cancer, androgens can stimulate the growth of cancerous cells. This leads to the spreading of the cancer.
Erleada is an oral medication, which means it comes in the form of tablets taken by mouth. It is not available as a generic medication, meaning one can only sell it under its brand name.
By constraining the action of androgens, Apalutamide can help slow the progression of prostate cancer. Not to mention, it also improves the quality of life for patients with this condition.
However, Erleada can cause side effects like all medications, and a healthcare provider should carefully monitor its use. Apalutamide cost in Egypt is only cheaper if we choose generic option. Patients must always consult their doctor before starting or stopping any medication, including this one.
Apart from that, patients also have to ensure they have a current medication dosage. That is precisely what we are going to discuss in the section below.
When talking about the dosage, it is essential to remember one thing. It is that the recommended dosage for Erleada might be different. It all depends on individual patient factors. Ultimately, patients always need to follow the dosage that the healthcare provider prescribes.
Apalutamide or Erleada comes as oral tablets and one must take them by swallowing. It is available in one strength, 60 milligrams (mg) per tablet.
Typically, the recommended dosage for Erleada is four tablets with one tablet daily. There are different factors to consider when looking at the dosage of the medication. Factors such as the severity of the patient’s case and their overall health are important. Also, any other medications they may be taking can have an effect too.
It is essential to take Erleada as directed by a healthcare provider. Also, the patient must never change the dosage or frequency of use without first consulting with a doctor. Taking more or less medication than prescribed can lead to adverse effects or reduced effectiveness in treating prostate cancer.
Apalutamide, like many other medications, may cause side effects ranging from mild to severe. However, it is essential to note that this list does not include all possible side effects that may occur. We are trying to provide a detailed account of the side effects that one might get.
It is crucial to keep in mind that the side effects of Erleada can vary depending on several factors:
- A patient’s age
- Overall health status
- Any other medications they may be taking
Patients should always consult with their healthcare provider or pharmacist to learn more about the potential side effects. Also, they need to have a talk to discuss ways to minimise their occurrence. Here we are going to read about some side effects.
Mild Side Effects of Apalutamide
Here are some essential details to remember about the mild side effects of the drug apalutamide.
- Erleada can cause a range of mild side effects. These can include changes in taste, decreased appetite, and diarrhoea. Apart from that, fatigue, flushing, joint pain, muscle spasms, nausea, rash, etc. are some common symptoms. One might also suffer from swelling in the hands, feet, lymph nodes or genitals, and weight loss.
- While these side effects are typically not serious, patients should still report them to their healthcare provider. In case the side effects are bothersome or persistent, they need immediate care.
- Mild side effects of Erleada may disappear within a few days or weeks without any medical intervention.
- Patients can discuss strategies with their doctor to manage mild side effects, such as changes in diet or exercise routine.
- It is essential to remember that not all patients may experience the same severity of side effects. In addition, the specific side effects can depend on various factors. These factors are age, medical history, and other medications that the patient takes.
- Patients can refer to the prescribing information of Erleada or consult with their doctor or pharmacist. This can help then learn more about the possible mild side effects of this medication.
Serious Side Effects of Apalutamide
It is also essential to be aware of the potential for severe or rare side effects of Erleada. In case there are any, patients should report it to their healthcare provider immediately. So, let’s see some severe side effects that one might suffer if one takes Apalutamide for prostate cancer.
- Serious side effects of Erleada can include falls, which can result in injuries such as bone fractures. Therefore, patients taking the medication should take precautions to prevent falls. They can use assistive devices, for that. Also, it is important to take care when getting up from a seated or lying position. Make sure that the pathways are clear of obstacles.
- Another severe side effect of Erleada is high blood pressure. Therefore, patients should monitor their blood pressure regularly while taking this medication. If there are any concerned readings, they need to report it as well to their healthcare provider.
- According to some reports, low thyroid levels can also be a severe side effect of this drug. So, people need to stay cautious about the drop in levels. Patients taking this medication should have their thyroid function monitored regularly by their healthcare provider.
- Seizures, stroke or ministroke, and heart disease are other side effects of Erleada which can go on the serious side. Patients with a history of these conditions or who are at increased risk should discuss the potential risks. The healthcare provider will be able to offer better information about the medication.
- Allergic reactions, while rare, can also occur with Erleada. Common symptoms include rash, itching, swelling, dizziness, and difficulty breathing. If you are experiencing such symptoms, it is essential that you go ahead and seek some proper medical attention.
Patients should promptly report any concerning symptoms or side effects to their healthcare provider to ensure appropriate evaluation and management. While serious side effects from Erleada are not common, they can occur in some patients. We need to know some other thing also before knowing Apalutamide price in Egypt. Therefore, patients should be aware of these potentially severe side effects. It is important to seek medical attention immediately if they experience any of the symptoms.
Are Rashes Common While Taking Apalutamide?
Rashes are common for men who take Apalutamide or Erleada. This condition sometimes ends up causing redness or bumps on the skin. Hence it is vital to gain some information about the disease caused by this drug.
In clinical studies, 26% of men who took Erleada developed a rash. On the other hand, 9% of men who took a placebo had a rash. The rash went away during the study in 78% of men who took Erleada. And, it took about 78 days on average for the rash to disappear.
If you experience skin changes while taking Erleada, you should talk to your doctor. They can provide some recommendations to help reduce your symptoms. Remember that a skin rash can be a sign of an allergic reaction. Hence, it is crucial to contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an allergic reaction to Erleada.
Precautionary Measures To Take With Apalutamide
It is essential to take some precautionary measures when male patients are following the Apalutamide therapy session. Here are some of these measures to follow.
- Male patients with female partners of childbearing age who are undergoing Apalutamide therapy should use effective contraceptive measures. It is important to take this precaution during the entire duration of the treatment. Make sure to keep caution for at least three months after stopping it.
- Patients that take Apalutamide should be under constant monitoring for routine bone density assessments. This is because Apalutamide might cause them to encounter episodes of frequent falls and fractures. Patients at a higher risk of fracture, need additional care. These patients include people with osteoporosis or previous fracture victims.
- Those undergoing Apalutamide therapy might also have the chance of experiencing seizures. If seizures occur during the treatment, Apalutamide should be discontinued permanently.
- The thyroid function of patients taking Apalutamide should be under evaluation. Also, they need to assess the thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) level. This is to detect the risk of developing hypothyroidism, a common adverse effect of apalutamide.
- You also need to have your blood cell counts monitored regularly. This is to detect blood abnormalities such as a decreased number of red blood cells, lymphocytes, and white blood cells. Early detection and management of these abnormalities can prevent complications and improve the patient’s quality of life.
- Patients under Apalutamide therapy should be monitored for signs of high blood pressure. It is also important to monitor increased blood sugar and high potassium levels. These are common adverse effects of Apalutamide therapy and can be managed accordingly to prevent complications.
Generic Apalutamide in India
A new generic Apalutamide has come to India. It is a medication commonly used to treat Metastatic Castration Sensitive Prostate Cancer and Non-Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate cancer.
Moreover, this new generic version is available at a significantly lower cost, about 1/3rd of the original price of Apalutamide. But let us talk about that later.
This new generic version of Apalutamide might make the medication more accessible for those who need it in India. Also, there is a benefit to offering an alternative to the more expensive brand-name medication such as Erleada. This way, more individuals may have access to treatment for prostate cancer. But why is the generic version so popular in India?
Well, the generic version of the medication is similar in quality, safety, and effectiveness to the brand-name counterpart. Not to mention it contains the same active ingredient.
What is The Price & Availability Of Apalutamide In India?
Men over 65 in India suffer from prostate cancer. However, there has been a notable increase in the number of reported cases of prostate cancer in younger age groups. This is particularly the case in urban areas. Men between the ages of 35-44 and 55-64 are now also at risk of developing prostate cancer. And the rate is higher than before. This rise in prostate cancer cases among younger age groups is concerning and may be due to various factors. India is the best option to acquire it if you are looking cost of Apalutamide in Egypt.
Keeping that in mind, we need to focus on increasing awareness and education about prostate cancer. This will help in finding the proper medications that can help treat the condition in the best way. Well, this is where we have managed to score a point. As mentioned, a generic version of Apalutamide has been recently released in India.
BDR Pharmaceuticals, in Mumbai, made an announcement that their generic version of the drug. According to them, this drug is useful in treating both metastatic castration-sensitive prostate cancer and non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. And the news is that it will be available throughout India.
The generic drug, also called Apatide, is sold in bottles. Each bottle contains either 60 or 120 tablets, costing Rs 22,500 and Rs 45,000, respectively. Patients typically require this medication for two months, with a one-week gap in between.
Where to Buy Apalutamide (Erleada) Online?
If you want to buy Apalutamide Online, Apalutamide cost in Egypt is not economical so patient prefers to buy it online. there is no better place than our company. Being a wholesaler, we can provide the most affordable rates for Apalutamide tablets. Not to mention that we also offer discounts to the customers. Hence, you can choose our company to buy Apalutamide online.
You must consult with your doctor also before checking Apalutamide cost in Egypt.